Christmas Bauble - Final Image + Evaluation


Behold, my final image for the Christmas bauble task. Overall I am very happy with my final image. Firstly, I think that the blue hint that the light made on the silver bauble, added an unexpected element of color into an image which I expected was going to predominantly be black and white. Furthermore, I feel like the negative space on the right hand side helps the composition of the photo. Whilst editing, I did crop out the black space, however, after reviewing it, it made the image look unexciting in a sense. With the chiaroscuro in the image, the bauble stands out so much more. I also feel that the torch acting like a stand for the bauble made the bauble seem more important in the image - making it raised from the surface states it's dominance. The natural light on the left hand side of the image further adds to the mystery surrounding the piece. Why is the right so dark? When on the left it is daytime. I think that the reflection on the bauble adds to the dynamics of the image, as it enriches the bauble with more color. If I could change on thing about my image, I would have centred the bauble more. I feel that that is the only part that lets down the composition of the image. If it was in the middle then it would give further dominance to the babe itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment