As with every art trip, no matter where it be, every student is given a number and a theme, and the aim is to capture these given items. Now, of course, being in a large city, numbers are going to be plastered everywhere, from adverts to number plates, to peoples clothing to buses. Yet, the big cliche, is house numbers - and yes, I have gone with this cliche. However, I feel there a number of elements to my picture which draw it away from the cliche genre and make it a little bit more original. Firstly, it is not your everyday house and immediately you can draw your own interpretations of the posh surroundings of this house, with the gold door handles and signage. The main element I think makes my image very clever, is what is on this exuberant gold sign. 'School of Design'. Seeing as I am a design student, I felt as though this small detail really adds to the personal connotations of the image.
Now I mentioned this is a design school, yet the 'Inchbald' school of design is well known for its interior and garden design courses, and the school situated just off Sloane Square, have a high reputation for their successful online courses as well - just some context on the building in the photo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment