"Why have you placed 3 photos onto a black canvas in Photoshop, Mr Garside?" Cried the whole world.
"Why, I haven't!" Exclaimed Reece.
"Then what are you presenting me with?!" Question the world.
"Why, it's an iPhone, iPad Mini and iPad of course!" Reece defended.
"Well, I think you are going to need some evidence of this, we all know evidence is the key for passing PVA" Remarked the world.
"Of course" Reece Reassured, "Why, I'll make you a contact sheet, with all the photos I took!"
"AH, yes I see now, see Reece, all you need to do it document your work, and nothing will get confused. Now that is cleared up, lets talk about the content of your piece. From what it looks like, you have just taken 3 pictures of cars and not explored anything else in that hectic life of yours" said the world.
"Well, let me explain my piece to you... everybody has a dream. Everybody has an ideal lifestyle, and everybody has an aspiration. Through my piece, I am hoping to show my dream, aspiration and ideal lifestyle. I have very high expectations of life, and that may have something to do with my upbringing, but that is a different story. I aspire to live in a SW1X postcode. I aspire to buy my own Vacheron Constantin, own a performance car. I think you have the idea? Therefore, in this piece, I wanted to show you who I am, and what I want. If someone wants to argue that that isn't the 'real Reece' then clearly you do not know who I am. Yes, there are other areas in my life, but they do not produce the same burning passion as the things previously mentioned. Call me avaricious, but that is just who I am." Explained Reece.
"Wow Reece, thank you for explaining that to me, maybe I won't judge you so much now" Smiled the world.
Yes, I just tried to explain to you my piece in a story - I felt like it was an inventive way, rather than just writing an elongated paragraph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Aspiration idea has legs but you need to show this in a much 'artier' way. Have another look at the brief and really go for it more. Think about the ideas more. Really explore yourself. Dig into your soul Reece. You are more than these images. You are wonderful so please show this. You need to annotate this too. I need a lot more than this. Deliver the three images in different ways. This could be a brilliant conceptual piece. I think you need to move away from the cars. You need to show that you have developed your ideas and there is little evidence of this here.
ReplyDeleteSurely if this is my OWN personal task, I shouldn't have to move away from any certain topics? My life aspiration is to be able to afford a home like the one in the picture - just because there are nice cars parked there doesn't mean that they are the main focus? Granted, I have not completely finished and I may not have explained it. If I am needing to dig into my soul, why should my work be falsified?
Delete