How has the automobile played a role in the
evolution of photography and society? A question which some may feel could only
be answered based purely on structured opinion. Whether or not this is due to
the fact that the automobile within art is a very niche topic, which has lead
to acute numbers of exploration. Therefore resulting in a misunderstanding or
misinterpretation of the topic at hand. Within my study, I wish to explore this
subject in great detail, analyzing different medias of art – exploring a wide
range of artists spanning an ample time period.
Where has my inspiration come from for this
exotic topic? The main drive for me, was almost trying to prove and reckon my
passion (boiling my passion down, it is the uttermost love and infatuation for
the automobile and for capturing these pieces of art with beautiful photographs).
What do I mean by this? Frequently I was asked if I wanted to study this topic
because ‘I like cars’. When the simple answer is, I am studying my passion, which
derived from my life aspirations and current work.
Throughout this study, I aim to explore the
progression within styles and content of photography spanning past eras. Answering
questions along the lines of ‘how has the automobiles involvement within photography
grown and evolved?’ To help answer my questions, I will be investigating
different photographers and artists – such as Robert Doisneau and Alex Penfold.
238 Words

0 comments:
Post a Comment